Friday, June 10, 2011

The bamboo school....

just arrived back in bangkok, oh my god, my heart has melted and I am
feeling like I have never felt before. Words can not describe the depth of my experience while at the orphange. I feel like crying, I have been moved soooo much. I see how pointless many things are and how important many other things are, such as the value of a human life, the value of children and the love that human beings need.

Over the course of 5 days, I participated in some things that only you
read in books or see in movies, I helped pick up a dead man from the road
after he was in a motorbike accident, a coffin painted and delivered to a
temple in the middle of the night, watch a family mourn, send many of our
thai volunteers who were refugees from Burma, back into burma, into the
most intense malaria zones in the world, the stories I have shared with
the kids about the life they have lived and the things they have seen,
make me cry, and I am sooo moved, and this is why i have a new
perspective. Why do we put such an importance on things that don't really
matter, why do waste our time on things that actually distract us from
truly helping another human being, lending our hand, or taking a childs
tears away.... I am forever changed, and I don't care about a lot of
things that used to bother me before, I know what is important, the human
heart and a helping hand.

I wanted to stay and never leave, I wanted to keep living there with all
the children, I wanted to make it my life.

The road continues, but in a new way, I will always support this
organisation, The Bamboo School www.bambooschool.org and I know that I will return, I can see what is important, what truly is important. The amount of adrenalin that was running through my veins, as I slept in the middle of the jungle, in a straw hut, with very little seperating me from the wildlife that surrounded me, all that I had was a mosquito net, I felt fear that perhaps a wild dog would climb in the hut as I slept, yet I learnt a new strength and was taught how to live, how to be strong and how to appreciate. I close my eyes in the deepest of reverence for this experience, I am so grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment